The Alberta Fire Chiefs Association has launched an awareness campaign that they hope will reduce carbon monoxide poisonings and deaths.
Executive-Director Fred Tyrrell says carbon monoxide—is really an unknown risk for many people:
“Because it’s not had the publicity for example the smoker detector programs have had. We know there are statistics that say carbon monoxide poisoning and indeed, even fatalities, occur in homes when people had absolutely no concept that it was a risk in their home.”
The campaign is called “Your House Wants You Dead.”
It looks like death. And it can end in death—or critical organ damage. These are the signs of being exposed to CO:
- Headache & dizziness
- Fatigue & weak
- Watering & burning eyes
- Nausea & vomiting
- Loss of muscle control
For more information–head to www.carbonmonoxidealberta.ca.