We’ve got new owners!
As of 530 this morning—Stingray took over the helm—having acquired Newcap Radio.
Stingray is a Canadian-based global music, media, and technology force, with over 400 million users worldwide, operating in 156 countries. Headquartered in Montreal, Stingray operates audio channels via cable and satellite TV, premium specialty music video channels, 4K channels, karaoke products, in-store music channels, and on-demand music apps.
For our listeners, nothing changes. We’re still 100% Canadian owned. None of our radio brands will change. Our corporate management team remains the same. There are no changes anticipated under the new ownership. Our mission has always been to serve the communities we operate in with fantastic radio stations that are custom-built for those communities… and that mission doesn’t change at all.
Here are some of the cool products and services that Stingray offers listeners:
* The Stingray Music mobile app, with thousands of curated music playlists for every mood or moment in your life.
* Stingray Qello is the world’s biggest collection of concerts and music documentaries.
* Music video channels like Stingray Loud, Stingray Vibe, Stingray Retro, and Stingray Juicebox.
* Dozens of Stingray audio TV channels.
* And now… 101 radio stations from coast to coast