How to donate
In order to donate, your dog must meet the CABB requirements below and have the Canadian Animal Blood Bank Donor Registration Form (pdf) completed by your veterinarian. Dogs can be donors if they are:
- healthy and even-tempered
- weigh 50 lbs (23 kg) or more, but are not obese
- between 1–8 years of age
- have current vaccinations
- spayed or neutered (preferred)
- on heartworm prevention (recommended)
Dogs accepted into the program are asked to donate every 3 months.
Blood donor clinics are held at NAIT one evening a week, with the day varying to meet dog owners’ schedules. Contact the clinic (see sidebar on the right side of this page) to book an appointment.