-Edmonton police have issued a warning about a convicted sexual offender who’s just gotten out of prison—and someone police believe is a high risk to re-offend. Russell Sikyea has a history of breaking into homes and sexually assaulting women. And the risk goes up when he drinks or takes drugs. He’s got a number of conditions he’s supposed to follow.
- He must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- He must not leave the City of Edmonton without prior written permission.
- He must not purchase, possess or consume any alcoholic beverages. He shall not consume or possess any drug listed in the schedules of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act including cannabis, any prescription drugs not prescribed to you, or any other intoxicating substances.
- He shall not be in any licensed premises other than a dining room for the sole purpose of having a meal. He shall not attend at any liquor store.
- He shall not possess any drug paraphernalia such as crack or marijuana pipes, self-made pipes of any kind, e cigarettes, bongs, water pipes, cigarette papers, or syringes.
- He shall not enter into a dating, intimate, sexual relationship with any person, or any friendships with females until her identity has been disclosed to your Supervisor or designate and she has been informed of your previous offending by your supervisor or designate.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Sikyea can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.