A 9-year old boy who was badly burned in a fire—-is now breathing on his own..
But Kaden Howard is facing a lot of surgeries–since he’s got second and third degree burns to almost 90-percent of his body.
The Sylvan Lake boy had been standing near an ATV that was being fueled up last Monday at an acreage near Crimson Lake —when something sparked a fire—-and he got caught in it.
A family friend was able to help put it out—-but Kaden was still badly hurt….
He’s going to be in the intensive care unit–for at least another month. (photo credit -CTV Edmonton/Kristi Lee Bolton)