This sounds like something made up—-but its real.
A 55-year old woman has died—after undergoing acupuncture—involving a live bee.
Researchers say she had a severe allergic reaction to the venom—-even though she’d already had 24 sessions and didnt show any signs of having a problem.
Its called “Api-therapy”—and is done to relieve various physical problems–including pain.
Some just use honey or royal jelly—but in this case—-the woman was actually stung by bees.
Practitioners use tweezers to hold a live bee over a strategic area of a person’s skin—and keep squeezing the bee’s head until it stings the person.
Once the stinger winds up in the person’s skin—-the venom is released–and the bee dies.
Some people say it really works—but doctors say there’s no real evidence to prove that.